This is a basic video/audio/text chat application with the ability to invite other users to a private room. The Foundation Edition is meant to give developers the building blocks they need to learn, as well as an entry level solution for those needing a basic chat system. The source code is in AS3 for Flash. We will be working on a Flex version in the future, if you want to know more about that then please just send us a quick email or give us a call.
A working example of the chat application is here.
Version 3.0 02/2009
Version 3.1 07/2009
– New CustomEvent class to more efficiently handle calls from the server side
– Improved connection management and notification for the netConnection for end user
– Improved comments for readability of code
– FLA Library organized
– status text field added to login panel for feedback on state of the application for end user
– Admin functions added to kick and ban users
– enable commands in the chat area to do kick and ban functions
– ghost user kill functionality
Version 3.2 10/2009
– Fixed rejection error where if the connection was rejected it wasn’t showing up properly and throwing an error
– Fixed the error when a connection closes and the NetConnectionClient was throwing an error
– Added a VideoPodManager to manage the video pods on the client side so they would all react to when a user starts sending their video, and stopping it
If you are interested in this application, you might also like our Video Email Application. If you like to work with Wowza Media Server then check out our STi Chat for Wowza Media Server | Foundation Edition v3. It’s the same as this one but has been built for Wowza Media Server.
You can find information regarding our older AS2 version here.
This package includes :
All source files: server side ASC files, client side AS3 class files, and the FLA file with instructions on where to place the files and set up for your server.
The source files are organized and can be a good learning source to those that are studying developing Flash Media Server live applications.
Flash Media Server 2 or Flash Media Interactive Server 3, version 7 or higher of the Flash Player on client side (in browser). Also the Flash IDE version CS3 or CS4.
This application comes with full support, although it is an AS-IS application. This means that if it blows up your server then we won’t be able to do much for you but if you’re having trouble with install or implementation then please let us know. Please feel free to contact us at anytime concerning this.
You also may not resell this application, however it can be modified in any way to match your site or needs.
If you are interested in this application, you might also want to checkout our STi Video Recorder for Wowza Media Server HD Edition v3 .
for 29.00 USD