Just in case others have come across the issue in the Wowza IDE of line numbers not updating, I thought I would post about it. Essentially there is a bug in Eclipse where the line numbers don’t update as you scroll around in your code on mac OSX 10.7 and up. I never noticed this until I got my new computer, which is 10.8.
To fix this, I looked all over and found a few items that would supposedly fix it. From replacing a JAR file and doing a “clean” startup, to hooking up the secondary monitor after starting up.. it was all a bit much and the replacement JAR file just ended up crashing the Wowza IDE.
To make it simple, I recommend just using Eclipse. That may sound like a no brainer to some, but for me it wasn’t in the beginning because I trusted that the Wowza IDE was being kept up to date. Turns out it isn’t.
So, follow the steps on this page: http://www.wowza.com/media-server/developers down at the bottom:
- Install Eclipse IDE for Java Developers (version 3.5 SR1 [galileo] or greater)
- Run Eclipse IDE for Java Developers
- Select menu item Help: Install New Software…
- In the Available Software dialog, click the Add… button
- In the Add Site dialog, enter the following information and click the OK button:
- Name: Wowza IDE 2
- Location: wowza.com/wowzaide2
- In the Available Software dialog, check the box next to the Wowza IDE 2 item and click the Next > button
- In the Install Details dialog, click the Next > button
- In the Review Licenses dialog, select the Accept… radio option and click the Finish button
That’s it. You get the newest eclipse and the plugins required to do Wowza dev.