With a new site that we have been working on I’ve been doing my best to get back into Coldfusion development after working with ASP for so long. There was a time when I did a lot of CF stuff but got very frustrated with the lack of support for any character set other than english. Especially Japanese. So had wandered off figuring that CF wasn’t for us just yet.
Now, this kind of thing I can sort of understand but it sure would be helpful if in the docs there was some kind of instruction to say that if the form doesn’t show up then to check that. I had figured with the install of CF8 that those kinds of things would be taken care of automatically. Nope. So into the server I went to set this up.
All is well now. Hopefully my ignorance will help others who are having the same problem. Based on the search I did on the forums it seems that “flash forms not showing up” is a reasonably regular problem. Maybe there is a technote somewhere.. not sure, didn’t come up in any search I did.