Being that the Asus Eee Pad Transformer tablet is such a new product on the market there isn’t much support out there just yet for little or big issues. The best places to go search this information out are android centric forums but I couldn’t find a solution no matter how hard I tried until I found half the solution on Adobe’s site in the “I can’t connect to my device” link in Flash Builder.
Half the issue here is just that Asus has yet to provide ANY support for Mac computers. If you go to their site you can get the USB drivers for a windows machine, and there are suggestions on how to fix any little issues that crop up based on whatever you have on your PC that may conflict with that. Unfortunately they haven’t found the time or money to get any Mac support and to even just get files on or off the device you have to go download the Android File Transfer program, which works flawlessly actually.
With that solved I would have thought that something would get installed to help me connect up Flash Pro and Flash Builder to my brand new tablet here to get on with some major development on a couple of apps we want to push out soon. No go for a while no matter what I did. I then came across the suggestion from an Adobe engineer to download the very latest Android SDK and copy the ADB (Android Debug Bridge). Ok, done. Nothing yet.
With more effort made I came across this article: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=9842005 Which goes on to explain getting the ADB configured up on the Mac. Once I did that and fiddled around with all kinds of stuff in Terminal it suddenly started working! Perfect. Mounds of development went by nicely with the app installing on the tablet seamlessly and quickly.
Then I rebooted my computer. It stopped working. I tried the above steps again just in case something in there was just triggering something (it was but didn’t this time), with no luck. As I thought back on all the messages that flashed across Terminal I remember one where it killed the server service and wondered if perhaps I have to reset the service each time because it isn’t initializing properly when the computer starts up. I loaded up terminal and typed in “adb kill-server”. Ok, killed. Now: “adb devices”, which shows a list of devices connected. Of course the daemon wasn’t running so Android get’s ‘er up and running and there in all it’s glory is my tablet listed. Off to Flash Pro to test and it’s working again.
Anyways, hopefully this helps somebody. To summarize
1. Go get the latest Android SDK from Google.
2. Copy the ADB to Flash Builder (I’m not entirely sure this is required but can’t hurt)
3. Setup your mac with the instructions provided in the link above to get the ADB accessible from anywhere
4. kill the server with the command above
5. Restart the daemon and you should be good to go.